The World According to Marney

Wednesday, October 23

Last night at S-n-B, I started out with the intention of working on the leopard sock. I really did want to get that well under way. So I turned the heel and picked up stitches for the gusset. Then it hit me, I am doing a pattern with 16 stitches/needle and I now have 21 stitches on two of my needles. This requires thought to adapt the stitch pattern before I finsh decreasing. Right. Yeah, that didn't last long. So I put away the sock away for what had clearly turned into sock night. (I think I counted about 6 or 7 in our couch-area.) Out came the alpaca cable scarf, until I realized that counting within a conversation is a bit distracting. So that one went away. As I pulled out my third project (another alpaca scarf in stockinette with swirlies), people started to ask how many projects I actually was working on, let alone brought with me. Is it crazy to have multiple projects in varying degrees of complexity? Sometimes you just need to have something simple (i.e. while chatting, in a movie theatre, walking down the street), while sometimes you need to be challenged, right?!?! Anyway, I got at least a bit done on each of the projects.

Tonight is the night of my previous dilemma. In case you became very concerned with the innerworkings of my social life and such, I did make a decision. I realized that I had already made a commitment to Mr. Peanutbutter. I had to honor that even if that meant I would miss out on making a bit of cash. So, I will be living it up tonight at Caroline's Comedy Club. I'm sure it will be a fun evening.

On more fascinating notes (who am I fooling???), I have decided to get back into the swing of writing. Well, maybe swing isn't the right word. I plan on writing a short novel in the month of November. Have I gone insane, you may ask. Well, no, I have been for years. I have just decided to give NaNoWriMo a try. That's right, I am attempting to write 50,000 words in the month of November in order to get these words out of my head. I am starting to run out of space up there. We'll see how long this lasts. I hope I can keep it up. Not to mention, I noticed that my November calendar was a bit empty so I needed to fill it up some how!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home