The World According to Marney

Monday, October 21

Saturday morning, I stumbled out of my apartment far too early for a Saturday to head over to East Harlem for New York Cares Day. Jackie and I joined the Morgan Stanley team to set up a mini "Barnes and Noble" for a high school for teen mothers. It was quite an undertaking. There were thousands of books that needed to be sorted and arranged.

Sunday morning, I, again, stumbled out of my apartment far too early for a Sunday to head over to Central Park to participate in Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk. My friend Roberta recruited me to join her company (ABC/Disney) team. Unfortunately, she bruised a tendon in her foot only days earlier. That meant that she offered to help but couldn't actually walk. So, I made it through the entire 5 miles at my own pace, which was rather nice, actually. Then we met up at the finish line.

The good news is: I raised about $150 for breast cancer research, I helped young mothers access a library full of books, and I walked away with 2 brand new t-shirts. The down side is: my legs hurt, my neck is sore, and I only recently got my sinuses cleared from the dirt and dust. Oh, and I didn't get a whole lot of knitting done. I did finish the alpaca/silk gloves for Roberta. I even gave them to her on Sunday. I also attempted to make Vinter Lue that Theresa designed for knitty.com. Of course, my gauge was totally off and the hat did not fit my head. So, I tore it out and will try something else.

This week is starting to look like another crazy week for me. My new boss starts here today. I have another interview this afternoon, as well. Oh, and don't forget the weekly quality time with my godson, Ty. At least there is something good to look forward to this evening. I feel like I haven't seen much of Ty, especially now that he needs to have friendly people around him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home