The World According to Marney

Tuesday, October 22

Today is starting out as a good day. I'm not really sure why but I'm not complaining. Maybe it's because I feel like I am getting close to the end of my holiday presents. I am at the heel of sock #1 for Hailee. I am a little worried that the stranding in the back of the stitches (they are leopard print) will make the socks rather tight for her. There is a little stretch but not a whole lot. Well, at least they will stay up!

On a more personal note, I have to make a decision about tomorrow night. I am supposed to go out with someone that I don't have a vested interest in, let's call him Mr. Peanutbutter (a long story that may some day be worth repeating, but I doubt it). At this point, I have already told him that I will go and I think he bought tickets to a comedy club. It should be a nice time. On the other hand, I found out that I have the opportunity to make a little extra ca$h working in a Broadway theatre (prefered choice). I haven't heard from Mr. Peanutbutter since last week so I really don't know if this is firmed up or not. If I don't hear from him today by the afternoon, should I bail on him for lack of confirmation? I would call but since he stopped calling me 5 months ago, I got rid of his numbers. (Again, I would tell the story, but it really is not interesting.) I know, I should just suck it up and do the honorable thing and good-bye to the cash. Maybe I can convince Tony (the Broadway connection) to work something out for another night. Fine, you have guilted me into being nice and following through with my promises. Man you put up a good arguement.

Well, I think I may stop off at Downtown Yarns today on my way to S-n-B. I would like to pick up some yarn to make something for my new boss's soon-to-be-born twins. Maybe some matching hats and sweaters. They are a boy and a girl. I think that could be absolutely adorable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home