The World According to Marney

Friday, October 25



I have officially made up for lost knitting time last night. I found a pattern for a guernsey in Knits for Babies and Toddlers that has a plain stockinette body and a nice ribbed/rolled collar and cuffs. It is perfect for adding the suggested Charlie Brown stripe. I managed to get through one back and the beginning of the front of the red one with the slate blue stripe. I don't think I will put tho stripe on the sleeves. The even better news is I will have enough yarn to make matching hats and socks.

Oh, question came up about my sanity for knitting so much for a boss that I have only had for 4 days. Let me explain that I have worked with Lionel for the past three years. He was a regional coordinator in Chicago up until last week. It is not that I just met him and found out that there was an opportunity for knitting. I am not that much of a knitting ho! Close, but not quite.

I am hoping to get one of the sweaters finished over the weekend. Maybe. Could you imagine if I actually had a knitting machine? I would be able to make a sweater in 10 minutes! Well, maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration, but not much.

So I am trying very hard to figure out what I show write in my novel. There is so much swimming around in my head. I have friends trying to get me to do a Broadway exposé. I don't know how interesting that would be. Maybe I just need to do spring cleaning of my brain and empty everything out before I start sorting. I guess that is really what NaNoWriMo is all about. I have also found other outlets for my writing once November is over. I am really going to try to get back into all of this.

Does anyone else see me severely overcompensating in creative avenues, i.e. knitting like a maniac, plans for writing a novel in a month? Could this have something to do with the extrodinarily anti-creative life that I have been sucked into against my will? But I am not bitter. At least I have not lost my sarcasm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home