The World According to Marney

Monday, November 4

What a weekend! I got a phone call at work on Friday afternoon from a friend from back home. This was someone I have known since we were in the 2nd Grade. Of course, being 3000 mile away from each other, we haven't really stayed in touch for the past 11 years. In any case, Shelley called me to tell me that she was going to be coming to NYC for the weekend on her way to a business trip in Buffalo. She was scheduled to arrive on Saturday. Here's the slight problem, she didn't get a hotel because she couldn't afford the NYC rates so she was going to stay with her friend, Kirk in Queens. Well, her husband was not too keen on that idea so I offered my apartment to her. Well, that kind of threw my game off for the weekend. So much for getting things done as planned.

I did get some writing time in on Friday night. I am happy to say that I have about 2,200 words under my belt. Granted, I am still quite a ways off my mark at the starting gate. At least I have a bit of an idea of what I am writing about. You know, focus is a good thing.

On Saturday morning (well, actually all day long), I spent time with the kids from the Harlem Children's Zone. We took a total of 31 kids (ages 6-13) to the New York Aquarium at Coney Island. It was a lot of fun. This was the first field trip for this group. I think it went well, with the exception of the transit snafu getting back on the train. So many small ears to cover up from such bad language.

Well, when Shelley finally made it to town, I found myself hanging with her and her two rather attractive friends, Kirk and Jason. There are many worse ways to spend a Saturday night. On Sunday, Shelley and I got tickets to see Urinetown (warning Flash site). I had seen it on Opening night last year. I'm very glad that I got another chance to see it. If you haven't seen this show, get over the title and see it. It is hilarious.

The bad part of my crazy weekend was I totally forgot about the birthday party for Debbie until it was too late. I really wanted to go but I can be a total space cadet these days. I'm sorry, Deb! I hope you had a fabulous party! Happy Birthday!

That being said, I did get some knitting time in on all of my projects. Not much since there are only 24 hours in each day. But my mom sent me some new knitting books (via Shelley) for me to play with; Knitter's Stash: Favorite Patterns from America's Yarn Shops, The Knitting Stitch Bible and Reflections Knitting Journal. Yea!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home