The World According to Marney

Thursday, October 31

BOO!

Well, here I am. Stuck in the stuffy office when I should be wreaking havoc on the city. For the third year running, I am the only person on the floor that dressed up for Halloween. I am starting (well, not starting) to wonder why I am still here. Everyone here is a bunch of boring, corporate peons. But I'm not bitter.

In any case, I toned down my costume from my original design that did not make it past the planning stages (I will save it for next year). I, once again, fell back on an old costume. I have a lovely vampire bite on my neck, complete with blood dripping from the wounds. If only I had a camera. I'll see if I can find one sometime today. The biggest problem I have is with the blood getting on the neckline of my sweater. Well, that, and looking paler than I already am.

The sad thing about this city is in my mile long walk to work, only 3 people noticed my neck. One of them was the guy at the door of the drug store. He actually told me that I needed to do something about my neck. Conveniently, I was standing in a drug store. Maybe a band-aid will help with the bleeding of the carotid artery. I love the fact that when people notice, they need to point it out to me. You would think that I might be slightly aware of the open wound on my neck.

Anyway, I am planning on meandering down to the 29th Annual New York's Village Halloween Parade . I will be there to support Jackie and her gang. Provided, of course, that my un-deadness doesn't prohibit my from doing anything. I am really enjaying my new state of non-being. I told my boss that I may have to leave early in case I don't clot well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home