The World According to Marney

Thursday, November 7

I didn't think I was going to make it through the work day yesterday. I am convinced that I am experiencing a reaction to the Flu Shot that I got last Friday. I have felt run down and achy all week. Someone else chimed in that they get these kind of reactions to the flu shot as well. The ironic thing is, I can't remember the last time I ever had the flu. I rarely get sick and when I do, it is rather minor (unless it becames that dreaded Acute Bronchitis).



Well, I went home and decided to relax by starting one more new project. (I have officially lost my mind!!!) I decided to make the graduated rib tank from Knitter's Stash for myself. I am going it in BLACK Cotton Classic. This is a little bit of a challenge for me since everything is done in the round and the sleeves join the body before you get to the neckline. It also gives me a break from cables and plain stockinette.

In other fun news, I just got The Yarn Girls' Guide to Simple Knits today. It's got some basic patterns in there that are quick and simple. Since I like to "adjust" patterns, this book has basic patterns that can be tweaked. Not only that, but it was written by the owners of The Yarn Company, which is one of the local yarn shops. The other day, I figured that it is probably the closest to my apartment at a mile and a half away. (I need to get a yarn store in my neighborhood!!!) By New York standards, that may as well be in another time zone. I digress.

I think I am going to look into one of the three ponchos patterns for me. They should go quickly with bulky yarns and big needles. Yea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home