The World According to Marney

Friday, November 29




I hope everyone had a good Turkey Day. Mine was fabulous. I spent the evening with friends, John and Aaron, as well as some other Thanksgiving orphans. Being the amazing host that he is, John even cooked a Tofurky for me this year. I have to admit that I have been a little hesitant to try this soy concoction. The name sounds a little scary. But, I have to admit that it was pretty darn good. It came with Tempe "drumsticks", wild rice stuffing and gravy. I have to admit, it was a pretty good substitution. Don't get me wrong, it is still not turkey, nor will it ever be turkey. It has the taste of a processed turkey roll. I can't be so kind in describing the drumsticks, though. Not a big fan.


Before my big jump into the big soy dinner, I spent much of my day knitting up a storm. I finished the blue twin baby sweater. It was only after I did this one that I realized that I put the red one together backwards. I put the button band on the wrong side of the neck. That would explaine why it looked so lopsided. (You can't really tell in this picture but the sleeves not matching up with the stripes on both sides were the dead give away.) The blue one came out beautifully. So, being the crazy perfectionist that I tend te be, I began taking out the finishing, button band, collar and such from the red one. It is now back in the original pieces, for the most part. At least I know what I am doing now.

Today is a short day at the office. I am going to head uptown to kitty sit for Ayelet. She is away visiting her family and asked me to spend time with Melody. I figured I could go up there in the afternoon after work and work on the Wade sock. That needs to be finished before next week. All other projects need to be put aside until that one is finished. That is my decree today.

Well, I do hope to stop by a yarn shop today for some black Tahki Cotton Classic for my graduated rib sweater. That will be the project I will take with me back to Washington. Well, I was also thinking about taking back the shell I made for my sister's birthday. She was not so thrilled with the cropped factor of it. I still have a ball and a half of that yarn. I could add a few more cable rows and make it a little longer for her. I really wanted her to be able to wear it. I don't know if I will be able to fix it while I'm there or have to bring it back with me. Well, it is a shell, so she probably won't need it for a couple of months anyway.

Well, I think I have rambled on enough for this post. I will go and kill time until the market closes and I can get out of the office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home