The World According to Marney

Tuesday, December 10

As I was walking to work today, I saw something that caught my eye. I admit, like many New Yorkers, I tend not to pay a whole lot of attention to the crazy world around me as I walk down the street. Well, I was passing through Rockefeller Center and I saw a man giving a pep talk to 3 camels. That is something you really don't see every day. On top of that, no one else seemed to notice. Maybe we can use them in the case of an MTA strike that could happen next week. Imagine camels taking the place of subways!

Last night, I started to take apart the purple cable shell that I brought back. It was knit in the round with no actual seams (three needle bind off on the shoulders) so it was pretty easy to take apart and pick up stitches again. I have about 2 extra balls of yarn left over. That should definitely make it long enough. I was also surprised at how quickly I picked up on the stitch pattern again. It all came back to me again pretty quickly.

Tonight is S-n-B night. I will actually be able to make it there tonight. Yeah! I have 2 projects with me; the purple cable and the graduated rib sweater. Both are done in the round. Maybe I will start converting all sweaters to knitting in the round. I really like the idea of not having to sew anything up at the end. I guess I am just spoiling myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home