The World According to Marney

Monday, December 9

Back to the grind. I survived the cross country travels without too much problem. I am very happy to be back in non-travel mode. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing my family and spending time with them, but cramming in so much into just a short trip is much more work than it should be. Now, I need a vacation from my vacation.

I don have some pictures of my visit. Mostly from the last day there. I gave the family their holiday socks. Dad wore them straight out of the box and showed anyone that would look down at his feet. Dad wearing his socks
(Notice the beautiful gold shag carpet, circa 1972.)

Meanwhile, Mom got the sock bug (thanks to a little elf that visited last week). Not only did she start the socks that I sent her for her birthday (June), but when we went shopping for yarn, she picked up yarn for another 2 or 3 pairs. Here is her first sock just past the heel.
Mom working on her sock
She started one on Wednesday evening. By the time I left on Sunday morning, she was starting the second sock. She just sent me an e-mail saying she is now past the heel of sock #2. Go Mom!

In other family news, my sister is graduating beauty school this week. She will be taking her licensing test and opening a new salon with one of her fellow students all in the next few weeks. Saturday, the town of Ridgefield, WA had an open house/holiday meet & greet for the local businesses. Since that is where my sisters salon is at, she and her co-stylinst, Renee, dressed up the very empty shop and met with the locals.
Dragonfly Salon
They are opening up the first week of January. Good luck, Amy and Renee!

In knitting news, I got some Cascade 220 in Oatmeal to make myself a big aran sweater. I am still trying to decide on a specific pattern. I think I may make up my own, or at least partially. Suggestions are thoroughly welcomed.

I took back the purple cable shell from my sister so I can lengthen it for her. She has issues with a cropped top after giving birth three times. Whatever. At least it is not something that she will need to have for a while, thanks to the weather. I think I can finish that before spring.

My graduated rib sweater is coming along nicely. The body is 1 1/2 inches from the sleeve attachment length. One sleeve is almost at the right length, as well. Of course, I am running out of yarn. I need to make another stop at The Yarn Company soon so I can keep this going.

The most heartbreaking knitting news is about the leopard socks. As I was afraid of, the socks are too narrow. They don't fit on Hailee's feet. Of course, she is very upset by it. I didn't find out until I already made it back to NYC. If she sends them back to me, I can rework them to be a bit looser. Maybe I'll use bigger needles this time.

All of the other holiday gifts were well received. The socks seemed to fit and the Barbie clothes were drug around the house. I guess that means they liked them.

I think that brings me up to speed. I guess I better get back to work now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home