The World According to Marney

Wednesday, December 11

It was an intimate group last night at S-n-B. I have been missing everybody, even though I was only gone for one week. It was good to be there in the midst of my fiber-licious friends. I spent a big chunk of time de-tangling a ball of the Debbie Bliss Cotton Silk Aran for the cable shell I am reworking. After that was back together, I managed to get past the arm hole bind offs last night and start in an the back shaping. My sister may have this back in time for the opening of her salon next month. I even tried it on already. It is still in the short/non-tunic length realm but it clearly comes down to the waste band of my pants. I may add a bit of length to the arm hole section (not too much) just for good measure.

Tonight is the much put off meeting of the book club. We have been reading The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen for the past 2 months. We delayed talking about it last month due to the fact that no one hod finished reading it. We put it off for an additional week because there were a couple of us out of town last week. Now, we are faced with actually discussing this book. To be honest, I have not finished it. I tried to get reading in on my long flights across country but I didn't make it to the end, or even to the halfway mark. I did get much further than if we would have met last week. I think that should count for something. Maybe I'll do better with the next book, The Awakening by Kate Chopin. I tend to get into "classic" fiction more easily than contemporary fiction.

Mary Jo's Swirlie ScarfAyelet's Cable Scarf
I also am going to pass off the alpaca scarves that I have been making to their respective owners tonight. I know they will be going to good homes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home