The World According to Marney

Thursday, December 12

This Friday, our office is having a holiday luncheon. One of the exciting events sceduled for this party is a White Elephant Gift Exchange. We are supposed to find something that we already have lying around that we don't use or want but someone else would to bring in as a gift. Well, as I looked around my apartment, I couldn't really find anything that I felt comfortable pawning off on someone else, except yarn. Mom sent me a skein of Red Heart Super Saver in white that I didn't know what to do with. So I decided to try the Magic Scarf pattern where you drop every other stitch when you bind off. That way it can be quick and not so plain. I'm already about halfway finished.

All the talk here in the office is about the pending MTA Transit Strike. If this strike happens, the buses and subways of NYC will stop services as early as midnight this Sunday. I generally don't take any form of transportation to work so it won't have a major effect on me. But if it happens, there will be restrictions on all cars coming into and going out of NYC of having at least 4 people in them at all times, taxis will have to take multiple fares, and additional ferries will be running. The one thing that will truly affect me is if there is a strike, I have to come into the office on Monday. I am scheduled to take that day off but since I am one of 2 people in my department that lives within walking distance of the office, I have to come in if no one else can. GGGGGGRRRRRR!!!!!! It's not like I would be so much help if that does happen. I mean, I don't do what anyone else does here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home