The World According to Marney

Friday, December 13

I finished my white elephant gift scarf last night. I can't say that I am upset that I am giving it away, but it came out really nice, for a quick, lacy, white, acryllic scarf. I actually did garter stitch for 2 feet and about 11 inches wide. Then in the bind off, I droped every other stitch and pulled. The scarf grew over double the length and shrank a little in the width. I don't know if it is entirely appropriate for a man's gift as it is a bit on the lacy side, but most of the guys here are married and can share the wealth with their wives.

It looks like I am off to see the new Star Trek movie tonight. I have to admit that I have a little bit of an ongoing thing for the Star Trek universe. I have watched the various series since I was really little. I had a crush on Wesley Crusher (let's face it, I still have a bit of a thing for Wil Weaton - it's one of my irrational crushes) throughout his stay on Next Generation. One boyfriend that I had would not get through a weekend without catching The Next Generation reruns, Deep Space Nine and Voyager. I could probably tell you which character belongs to which show but I am definitely not one of the Trekkies. (Said boyfriend informed me that they prefer to be called Trekkers. - No wonder he's an ex!) In any case, I figure this little hobby of mine may not be so appreciated by my more cinematically discerning friends, so when the offer came from (please no hate mail for this one) Mr. Peanutbutter, I couldn't say no.

This weekend should prove to be a fun one. I have 2 holiday parties I can attend on Sunday night. I'm not sure whether I should go to the one that will be tons of fun or the one that could provide potential (although possibly unlikely) job networking. I suppose I could go to both, but I probably will only hit one. I guess we'll see when Sunday comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home