The World According to Marney

Friday, January 3

Well, now that I am getting back into the swing of things, maybe I cam expound on what's going on in The World According to Marney. Just the weather alone has been noteworthy in the past couple of weeks. For all of you that were not in the Northeast for Christmas, NYC had it's first white Christmas in over 30 years. None of that light dusting stuff either. I figured that there was about 7 inches in Mid-Town Manhattan alone. I did take a couple of pictures of the snow as it was falling. That's the only time the snow is pretty in NYC, unless we get more than a foot in a short amount of time and force the cars off the roads. As soon as I get those pictures together, I will shore them. Today, the weather forecast calls for freezing drizzle. Am I crazy or are the meteorologists making stuff up now? Freezing Drizzle. Right.

Anyway, I was rather productive during my week and a haly at home. I sanded down and painted my armoire. It was a bit of a mess. I had tried to paint it about a year or so ago and I did a very bad job. The paint was pealing and splochy. Granted, it had an amaturish antique effect. So, I broke down and tried it again. After watching many episodes of Trading Spaces, I figure I can do anything, right? Well, aside from needing to get a little more paint for touch-ups, I think it turned out just fine. Of course, in order for me to actually get all of that done, I had to clean out all of the stuff in and around it. That was a much bigger project. I didn't get around to tackling the closet, but I did manage to clear out some of the other clutter that was beginning to bury me.

For Christmas Eve, I ended up spending a lovely evening with Suzanna, Debbie and John (the former two from S-n-B, John being Debbie's friend) for some yummy Indian food. Christmas Day was all about staying inside until I had to go to the theatre. Can I just say, even though it was a major holiday and a snow storm, Hairspray was still packed.

I spent New Year's with friends at an intimate gathering. Nothing too raucous (if you can believe that). It was a good time all around. That is, of course, before I left my wallet in a cab on the way home. Silly me, I didn't realize it was gone until yesterday morning. I got to wark to find a voicemail message from the guy who found it. So much for this being a cold-hearted city! There are definitely some good people out there.

I think that about brings us up to date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home