The World According to Marney

Friday, March 14

I am truly digging my stripey socks. (I forgot to bring them in for pictures today.) They look truly goofy but I love them. They will be great. I think I have decided that I will do the toes and heels all in different colors. One sock has a red toe with a green heel. The other one will have a blue toe with a gray heel. I think I was a bit ispired by Sandy's "fraternal" fuzzy feet. I liked the way they didn't quite match but were close enough.

I have also been working through the changing color issue. Because I am striping it myself, I have 4 colors going at all times. I started out by only using one color at a time and weaving in the ends as I go along. Then I realized that I have a limited amout of each color and this method was using quite a lot of extra yarn. So I started keeping all of the yarn attached at the same time and carrying each color up. I think it is actually working pretty well with the exception of the tangles. I think I got that down with pinning the loose end of each ball with a dpn. So far so good. I'll get pictures up soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home