The World According to Marney

Tuesday, February 18

BLIZZARD 2003

I love how the media has made this snow storm (which is definitely nothing to sneeze at) the biggest news story of the year. This gets more coverage than all af the terrorist plots we are avoiding or creating within the government. Okay, so yesterday we got about 2 feet of snow and it is coming down again. Granted, this weather has incapacitated the city in many ways. Nonetheless, being that it was a holiday, I took full advantage of being cooped up in my apartment. That's right, my sweater (now deemed the "warm fuzzy" sweater) is finished. I didn't have it ready to give on Valentine's Day or Saturday when I actually saw the recipient. I took a picture this morning just before I trekked into work so I have nothing yet to show.

You may ask, why have I deemed this the "Warm Fuzzy" sweater. Well, not only is it wool and mohair, thus warm and fuzzy, but it provided my with much comfort as I was making it. This was the sweater I worked on when I went to a funeral for my friend's father. It was also the project that calmed me down during my breakdown from work last week. So, not only does it look and feel warm and fuzzy, it really made me feel much better while I was making it. I hope that actually comes through when I give it away.

In other news, I will be traveling in the nxt couple of weeks for work. That means I have to make sure that I have plenty of projects to keep me occupied on many flights and tedious moments at hotels. I still have my aran sweater which I have decided to take slow. It has become my desert project. If I am good, I allaw myself to do a couple of rows. I also still have the second merino sock. I don't think I can stretch that project out too long. I think I need to boost up my WIPs. Maybe I'll go for the cheesy love sweater which I have been admiring since the unveiling on knitty.com. I was also informed that the real money in knitting would be for doggy sweaters. Maybe I'll look into a couple of pattern books for pooches. So many options, so little money!

Well, I am going to brave the office now. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home