The World According to Marney

Wednesday, January 29

Well, I went to S-n-B last night. I wasn't sure if that was going to happen or not. I am really glad that I went. I needed some knitting therapy to sooth my aching soul. It's amazing how much better I feel as soon as I get out the needles. Even if I just work on something simple, the repetative motions and comforts of the fibers bring my tension level down. I may have to start picking up projects at the office in the middle of the day.

That's right, this is the second day this week that I have put in 12 hours or more at the office. I am really torn by all of this. Right now, I am killing myself to get these impossible projects finished. There is no humanly way that I can get through everything that needs to be done in a reasonable amout of time and still have everything up to the high standards that are expected. So part of me (that evil work ethic) wants to work harder to reach the highest standard I can. On the other hand, I have this horrible nagging apathy for my job in general. That part of me wants to walk in the door at 9 AM and leave at 5 PM and say who cares about anything else; I don't get paid to work this hard.

I had this problem at the last job that I had. I worked like a mad person for no thanks, recognition or money until I had to leave or die trying. Now I am in the same position I was in 3 years ago. At least then I liked the industry I was in and cared about what I was doing. I really wish the job market was picking up. To make things feel even worse, I just found out that yet another friend of mine will most likely be laid off on Friday.

I feel like going into a political tirade right now about the financial state of the country and our leader who seems to think that picking fights with other countries might solve all problems. But, this is not the arena for that. I'm just a bit frustrated and bitter by so much around me that I can't change. I have to take it out some how.

I think I need to go home and do some serious knitting to get this out of my system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home