The World According to Marney

Monday, January 27

Okay, it's 9:00 PM on Monday. I am still at my desk working like a crazed woman. This is the fourth 12 hour work day in a row. I don't like this to be a forum for me to complain about my job, but I think I earned the right to bitch a little. Te only good thing about working all of these hours is I think I have convinced my boss that I should postpone the Insurance Licensing class that I started last week. I'm supposed to go back tomorrow. I am going to try to get out of it if I can. There is no way that I can focus on Insurance while I am barely getting any sleep because I am at the office all day and night.

I tried to use the weekend as a knitting hibernation. I can't say it worked that well, but I tried. I did get some progress done on my socks. The first one is finished. The second is cruising nicely. I also tried to make this hat that I have been dying to make in the Vogue Knitting on the Go: Vintage Knits. It looks like an old fashioned ice skater's hat with cables and tassles. Well, I started along using yarn in the right gauge. After a while, I started to really wonder if it would fit my head. Alas, it must be a child's size pattern or maybe I have an enormous head. I don't know. In any case, it doesn't fit. I guess I'll go ahead and finish it since it's still cute. Then I can figure out with whom it should live.

I have convinced my fellow concessionaires at the theatre that Wrist Warmers are not only stylish but practical. When you are stuck standing by an open door in a drafty theatre and need to handle money, these wrist warmers come in handy. The yellow muppet-y looking ones have a home and I have started a pair of purple ones. I'll get a picture of all three of them in use as soon as I finish the latest ones.

I want to send a big "THANK YOU" to Grandma Dolly. Although it's a bit late, I got the Christmas present she sent me last week. It was a gift certificate to KnitPicks.com, which is a knitting catalog company based in my home town. Gotta support the 'Couve. Thank you Grandma D! I am just trying to figure out what I want to make next. Well, I have to narrow down the list!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home