The World According to Marney

Tuesday, January 14

Moth Eaten Sweater

After looking over this sweater that I hope to fix, and getting so many fabulous suggestions, I may end up redoing the ribbing, which was my last option. The ribbing is 2 1/2 inches. If I take out all of the ribbing and make it about 2 inches instead, I could probably make it all better. To be honest, the sweater is quite a bit too big for my friend. When I saw him wearing it last week, he had all of the ribbing tucked under (and another couple of inches) to make it the right length. I think an exta 1/2 inch off the bottom won't make a difference at all. Now if I can convince him to invest in some cedar for his closet....

Other than that, I started working on a pair of Voodoo Wrist Warmers from knitty.com. They will be a birthday present for one of my theatre co-workers. The theatre can get so cold but we have to be able to use our fingers to count money and such. I opted for a pink and black striped pattern that will go well with the colors of the T-shirts we sell. I forgot to bring in the finished one today so there is no picture. The second one should be a snap.

Wait a minute, once again, I am finding myself making projects and fixing stuff for everyone else and putting my projects on hold. I have 2 sweaters and a pair of socks on needles for me but I keep putting them aside for other projects. Is there something wrong with me? I really need help. But going back to knitty, I really like the cheesylove pattern that was revealed this week. That may be another project for me that I can put off in lieu of someone else.

In finishing news, I ordered some buttons yesterday from Buttons Galore and More for the twin baby sweaters. I looked all over for something simple for these sweaters. I have to admit, I did order a few additional buttons to keep on hand, as well. It's a small indulgence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home