The World According to Marney

Monday, January 13

I have been a bit lax in posting today. I guess I don't really know where to begin. My head is a little foggy from the weekend thanks to a lack of sleep and a growing cough that I am trying to keep under control.

Anyway, I managed to finish the front of the cable sweater. I have decided to go with a crew neck and make the front and the back the same stitch pattern. I am really getting excited about being able to wear this sweater. It will make me very happy.

I have posted this question in a couple of other places in hope that someone can give me a hand. A friend of mine has a beautifel cabled sweater that his grandmother made for him years ago. Sometime since the last time he wore it, a moth made a meal out of the ribbing. The hole is about 5 rows long and about 2-3 stitches wide. The strands have been totally severed. I tried to find some extra yarn in the seams and such but Grandma was not very generous with the extra yarn (I thought there was more when I took on this task). I thought about taking out the entire ribbing of the front and reworking it, but I don't think that is a very good idea. I don't know what yarn she used and I don't think the color will be easy to match - a dark forest green with a hint of teal. He needs it back in a couple of weeks for a family get together honoring Grandma's "collection". Any suggestions???? I plan on bringing it with me to S-n-B tomorrow night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home