The World According to Marney

Wednesday, January 8

As I was walking to work this morning (yes, I walk to work everyday), I was thinking about how smart I am to have started up knitting. The weather out here has reached the seasonable range of freezing, &$%# cold and are my ears still attached? Not only do I have a hobby that makes me happy but it makes me warm. Not only the finished products but the process. My apartment is in a building that is over 100 years old. Let's just say I don't have many of the latest features like regulated heat. Even if I can see my breath in my living room (wouldn't be the first time), that bigg wooly sweater that I am knitting on my lap can now have its first opportunity to create warmth. Then, when the project is finished, there is the second chance to bring heat into this frigid climate. I feel so connected to our frontier foremothers and fathers.

Last night's S-n-B was filled with many new faces. It was so nice to see so many people that have just stumbled upon our little group and decided to give us a try. Of course, the cafe was rather crowded and we had to make due with whatever space we could find. C'est la vie.

I worked a while on my aran sweater. After S-n-B, I talked with my mom on the phone and made a few decision about what I want to do with this puppy. Man, this designing thing is much more complicated once you have to take into accounts necklines, sleeves, and so forth. I think my idea of an aran tube top or halter top was really shot down by most everyone. Even the front of a sweater with the laces/straps in the back was not received well. I guess you can't please everyone.

Well, yesterday as I was trying to do a little bit of conversion from metric units to standard units, I came across this Metric Conversion Chart that made me giggle. I think I knew about some of these before I read this chart.

In website news, I updated the NYC Book Club Page last night. I have been a little negligent on that puppy. Hopefully I will have a better, more current report for the meeting tonight. There are already a couple of people that can't be there tonight. Maybe they will feel a little more connected to this discussion if they read my little report. I have so diligently written up some of my own discussion questions to keep the chatter going. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to strike up a good conversation about The Awakening. If you haven't read it, you should put it on your short list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home