The World According to Marney

Thursday, January 16

I just got a phone call from one of my other harried co-workers letting me know that we have 5 weeks to plan 3 meetings (about 150-250 attendees each) in Atlanta and Colorado. I may have to stop posting for a while as I will be pulling my hair out to do the job of 4 people in an insanely rushed amount of time. Have I mentioned lately that I am really not happy with my job?

On a brighter note, I started the mending of the hole project last night. I unraveled 3 rows of ribbing in the front and then bound off again. Luckily, there was not a whole lot of difference in length in the front and back that I couldn't fudge the seam a little to make it look even. One problem I ran into was the integrity of the yarn. It is a 5-ply yarn that has been sitting on a shelf with a hungry moth. I would get about 1/2 way through the front with unraveling and find a severed ply. At first, I just ignored it and continued to pull it through, until I realized it didn't go through very easily and the loose ply came out. Before I know it, the yarn I was going to use to fix the hole had only 2 plies at the end. That is why I had to unravel further than I expected.

In any case, the hole is better, right now but doesn't look like the rest of the ribbing. I think I will go back and redo some of it in a different way. Oh, I also found a budding hole on the front by the collar. That one I can fix with a simple duplcate stitch.

I called the sweater's owner to give him the status. He actually asked if I could rework it so it would fit him better. (He's a size medium and the sweater is an extra large.) I told him that a) it wouldn't be ready before next weekend for Nana's party, and b) at that point, it wouldn't be Nana's sweater, it would be Nana's sweater that was torn out and made by Marney. He agreed that wouldn't be good. Maybe after this party, I could make it smaller for him using steeks. I have never done that and would be willing to give it a try.

Voodoo wrist warmer

After I decided to put that aside for the night, I picked up the second Voodoo Wrist Warmer. I think I amy make this pair for me. I am usually the one tho gets stuck meandering outside at the theatre. If my co-worker really likes them, I can always make a pair for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home