The World According to Marney

Wednesday, January 15

I got all kinds of suggestions for this sweater. Thank you all. I think the best/easiest suggestion come from last night. Ideally, I would like to just weave in the ends and do some darning to make the hole go away. Problem with that was a lack of extra yarn. Dennis (a fellow S-n-Ber) suggested unraveling only a couple of rows of ribbing, bind off again, and use the remaining yarn for weaving. I think that may be the best option, since I don't really want to change the design or the integrity of the sweater. If I had made it, that would be another story. Since "Nana" made it, I want to make sure that I respect her work.

S-n-B last night was a lot of fun. Two friends from the book club came along for lessons/a refresher. We all met at the yarn shop. That can be dangerous. I am proud to say that I only got some more yarn for the graduated rib sweater that has been on hold since I realized I needed more yarn. I was tempted to start something new but then I went down my list of WIPs and thought better of it.

Tonight is the big fix it for the sweater, wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home