The World According to Marney

Monday, February 3

This weekend started out with so much potential. I was putting away all of the ugliness of the job for a couple of days af peace. So much for that. Saturday morning, of course, was the horrible Columbia Shuttle tragedy that took me back to the Challenger Mission in 1986. That was a really difficult time for me as well. My seventh grade science teacher, Mr. Murray, was seventh in line to be on that shuttle. We had studied it for the whole year. I guess it's one of those "I remember where I was when..." moments in life. I don't like collecting those moments in life. I have too many of them, already.

Well, to make the weekend even more difficult, my friend, Mary Jo, lost her father yesterday after a sudden heart attack. He was very young and it was totally unexpected. Needless to say, I will be going down to be with her and her family later on this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home