The World According to Marney

Friday, February 14

So, today is Valentine's Day. This is one of those Hallmark Holidays that I really have a hard time getting into. Don't get me wrong, I would not be opposed to having a big, old present given to me in the name of love. I just find it to be a bit cheesy.

Ok, as I was writing that line, a box of brownies was delivered to my desk from a fellow Hallmark Holiday hater and the recipient of my latest fiber creation. That's right, I got me a V-Day present! Timing is really everything. Oh, also, yes, I am making a sweater for someone that I do not have a ring from. I know all about the curse of the love sweater, but I threw all caution to the wind last week when I picked up some Rowan Kid Classic (fabulously soft wool and mohair - burgandy with gray and navy stripes) and decided to make a sweater in a week. All I have to say is I am lucky (for very bad reasons) that I had 2 days of being stuck in a car and one afternoon of fitful rage over my job to give me time to get this sweater finished. Who else but me would take a funeral and a break down as a good sign to be creative??? I have the front and back totally done and the first sleeve about 3/4 finished. I don't think I will be able to get the whole thing completed before I see him tomorrow night. But I will definitely try. The best part of this sweater is that he and I are the same size. If we don't work out, I will take the sweater back and wear it myself.

Oh, Mom, don't get any ideas about this. This is not something that should be blown out of proportion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home