The World According to Marney

Monday, March 17

What a wonderful weekend! I can't say it was the most exciting weekend I have ever had but it was pretty fabulous, nonetheless. First of all the weather has finally changed over to Spring. Yesterday was about 68 degrees here. A far cry from the snow we had a little over a week ago. I spent a good chunk of the day in Central Park walking the "Loop." You couldn't ask for a better day.


I finished my first Stripey sock last night while watching Alias. (I have to admit that I am a bit af a junky for this show.) Anyway, I will start the second one tonight with a blue toe and a green heel and the stripe pattern being a bit different than the first one. I really like the way it came out. I wonder if the weather will get cold enough for me to wear them this Spring. Such a weather dilemma.

I also got a chance to catch up with a couple of friends yesterday. I haven't seen most of my buddies in a few weeks thanks to the job. What are you going to do? Soon it will be all over.

On Friday, I talked to the lovely people at KnitPicks.com about my missing order. Alas, the Post Office has done it again and decided to not deliver my mail to me. This is really getting out of control. Is there something about my mailbox that says I don't deserve to receive my own mail??? Well, it looks like I will be getting a replacement order through a different shipping company. I hope it gets here before I have to jump on a plane next week. I may have to be resigned to reading, or something.

Well, I got my first dose of panic regarding the upcoming (not even potential, really) war from one of my co-workers. I can't say that it was really very reassuring to know that someone within my office is prepared to flee for her life. Then again, this is one co-worker that has never really recovered from the Trade Center, as she was in our office in Tower 2 when the plane crashed into it.

Anyway, I am going to get back to planning my trip to New Orleans next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home