The World According to Marney

Tuesday, April 29

All that is left on the bikini is the strings and some elastic around the bottoms. Well, I will probably be adding some lining to it as well, just to make sure that it doesn't lose shape when it gets wet. I started out with the crocheted strings for it, as the pattern calls for, only to realize that my yarn is WAY too thin to make that worth while. I am leaning toward i-cord strings. I am not in love with that idea, though. Maybe I can find a thicker, contrasting yarn for the strings and do a little embroiedry to ring it all together. So many decisions.

Speaking of embroidery, check out what I did this weekend.

The picture came out a bit speckly. But the towel itself is a plain white. I am now working on spades. The complete set will have a royal flush of each suit. Isn' t that just adorable. I have to admit that it is rather fun to do.

What else did I do this weekend? Oh, I met up with my former roommate on Saturday. It was so good to catch up with her. I'm glad that we found each other. I really missed her, and my other roomies that are lost and gone, at least for the time being. Bernadette, Christilla and Tammy, if you are out there, give me a holler.

Last night, I went to see Cosi fan tutte at BAM (Brooklyn Academy of Music). It was a beautifully done opera. Well, I am still a little sore from the rampant misogyny, but overlooking that, it was really beautiful. It was set in modern times which translated very well. The music was amazing (what do you expect from Mozart?), as were the voices. It was a wonderful way to end my day of playing hookey from the office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home