The World According to Marney

Friday, April 25



I am really cooking with this project. I reworked the bottom back last night with the new decrease ratio and it worked very nicely. Tonight, I plan on finishing the top and starting the front bottom. After that, all I need to do is get my crocheting skills in order for the strings. If I were to do it again, I think I would use the bulky Fixation yarn instead. I'm sure that would take less time and be much closer to the gauge of the original pattern. The cotton/elastic blend is really nice to work with. It is very stretchy and knits up very smoothly. This has been a great instant gratification project for me (once I got past the initial mathematical formulas of adapting a pattern for my yarn). I highly recommend it as a portable, easy project.

I have come to the conclusion that I am really quite good at manipulating patterns. I have always been pretty good with numbers. Maybe I should have been an engineer. Is it too late for me to go back to engineering school? Then I could be one of those people that irks Ayelet (4/22 entry) with my lack of neurocognitive linguistics. But do I really think that a change into an analytical career would negate my liberal arts (namely English Lit and Communications) education? Maybe. (Think I can throw in some more 50¢ words?)

As I was typing, the mail arrived. What landed on my desk, but my new embroidery project. I am very excited about this. The problem is, the towels that came with this project are REALLY thin. I may have to make a run out to get new towels. Also, the colors of emboidery floss that were included were black blue and light gray. I find this a bit odd since the pattern has such designs as playing cards, a martini and flames. Looks like I'll have to get some floss as well. In any case, the kit came with a needle, an emboidery ring and instructions. If I run down to the The Yarn Connection at lunch to get floss, I can hit Bed Bath & Beyond after work. That way I can get this project started as soon as my bikini is finished. Yea!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home