The World According to Marney

Thursday, April 10

I was a knitting fiend last night. Not only did I do the color pattern on Cheesy (I chose stripes in silver and navy Kid Classic), but I have the front neckline started. I am hoping that I can get it done before the end of the weekend, when the weather is supposed to get warmer. I'll see about getting a picture up later on today.

I also discovered that I ordered way too much wool for this sweater. I was gauging from the yardage on the pattern and ordered 8 hanks of Cascade 220 (220 yards each). I think my math must have been off or I was totally spacing that day. Right now, I have the body almost completely finished (save the 7 inches of neckline, back and half of the front) and I have only used 2 hanks. The way I figure it, I should only use another 2 hanks, tops, for the rest of the body and the sleeves. It looks like I will have plenty of garnet heather wool to keep me busy again.

I also frogged about 2.5 inches on the afghan and lengthened the repeat panels. That project is coming along smoothly, as well. Can you tell that I had no plans for last night???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home