The World According to Marney

Monday, March 31

The afghan has now changed design. I really wasn't feeling the hexagon thing after the first couple of repeats. Maybe the boarders of the hexagons should have been y/os instead of purls. Then they would have stood out a bit more. But then we get into the too-many-holes-makes-not-enough-warmth issue I have with afghans. Anyway, I have decided to go with this pattern. It does have an eyelet pattern in it, but I think there is still more fabric than hole, for the most part. My gauge is much bigger than suggested so it should be the right size for adults.

So, I played poker on Saturday night with some friends. I got greedy and blew $30. Well, at least it was money that I anticipated "spending." And for NYC, that is a very cheap night out. I really can't complain. I did win the "bad beat" prize for being cheated out of winning with a full house an a technicality that I didn't know about before that hand. How was I supposed to know that the three of a kind in a full house is what dictates the higher hand if there are 2 full houses at the table? Well, the prize was a nice bottle of Riesling. And on top of that, I have to bring the prize the next time around. Any suggestions for a simple yet fun prize that is not too pricey? For some reason, I don't think knitting something for the guys would go over too well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home