The World According to Marney

Sunday, March 23

I have been hibernating for the past few days since I found out that the project I have been working on for the past three months and would be travling for has been postponed on account of war. I should be checked into my hotel in New Orleans by now, but instead, I am finishing up my laundry and listeneing to the music from the older hispanic men that hang out on my front stoop.

I decided to work from home on Friday. Well,m work from home is a little untrue. I managed to gt a bit of work done on the yarn I got last week. I found a cute dog sweater pattern and gave it a whirl. I made it green with red trim and "DOG." I even tried it on two of my cats. So, the smallest size on th pattern may be too big for really small dogs but it fits 15 lb cats. (They were not too pleased to wear a sweater. But it was cute.)

I am still waiting for my shipment from Knitpicks.com. I called them a week ago to follow up. As suspected, according to the post office, it was delivered, but it never made it to my apartment. I am supposed to get a replacement order via Airborne Express. Maybe I will call on Monday and get the tracking number to make sure this package gets to me.

That's all I have for today. I am going to lay low and boycott the Oscars tonight. I find the entertainment community to be a bit self centered. I have heard that there is some sort of an informal blacklist for the vocally anti-war celebrities. Okay, I can understand that they don't want the Oscars to be a forum of protesting the president's war on Iraq. On the other hand, if there is any show on TV that is more geared toward having the personal opinions of celebrities voiced with candor and lack of cnsorship, it's th Oscars. Hollywood is way too full of itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home