The World According to Marney

Wednesday, April 2

I finally made it to S-n-B last night. It has been such a very long time. I didn't even recognize most of the people there. It was really good to get back to hanging with the Stitchers. I have really missed it. Of course that doesn't mean that I havent been knitting at all. I think that is really a given.

I worked on my fraternal sock last night. I should be able to cast off and wear them by the end of the week, provided my social life doesn't get in the way.

Let's see, tonight I have the Book Club meeting. I have managed to miss that for 2 months. Did I finsh the book yet? Well, not really. Did I try, and is there still a chance of getting some of it done before I get there, absolutely...possibly....maybe...I hope so.

Tomorrow, I am going out to The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) for the Matisse Picasso exhibit. I had to do a little bit of persuading last night to convince my friend (who has the connection to the private showing) that going out to Queens is really not so bad, and every Manhattanite has to do it sooner or later. I hope I convinced him enough. I have been wanting to go to this exhibit for months, but it's in Queens. I know I'm a hypocrite. I relish that.

So, I have been rather negligent on shoring pictures of my projects, so here are a few that I have in the works.

First of all, the twins:





This is a dog sweater pattern that I had to make, even though I have no dog. Please note, the colors are much brighter green and red than appears in this picture.




With me Yarn Fairy Windfall, I decided to make an afghan using this pattern




And lastly, the beginnings of cheesy love, all 888 CO stitches (only 222 for the working stitches after the first couple of rows. It should go much faster now.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home