The World According to Marney

Thursday, April 3

Last night was the Book Club. It was a small group that showed up but we were lively. I admit that I didn't have a chance to finish the book, although, I did read up on it (acceptable to read off the internet at work, not out of a novel) so I know about the parts I haven't gotten to yet.

We discussed Five Quarters of the Orange by Joanne Harris, the author of Chocolat. I can't say that I have read Chocolat, or even saw the movie so I really can't compare the two of them. FQOTO is very much about the dynamic between mothers and daughters. The characters are not the easiest people to like but they are believable. All in all, I enjoyed this book.

It looks like MoMA is out for me tonight. That's ok. I have been way too busy the last week or so anyway. I could really stand to have a nice evening at home.

After two attempts, I finally was able to get my package that was living at UPS. It was my first installment of my Rowan subscription. It came with a pattern for a cute little bag made out of All Season Cotton in the pale blue with a darker blue for the accents. It will be a very cute summer bag. But I don't think I really need to start another project. Or do I? After all, last night I got to the bind off row of my fraternal socks. I did a weird bind off technique on the other one so the cast off wouldn't be too tight. I need to find my notes on what I did so I can make them at least close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home