The World According to Marney

Monday, April 7

If I'm not mistaken, today is April 7th. A full 2 1/2 weeks into Spring. Well, look outside, and there is snow. That's right, there are reports that we are supposed to get up to 6 inches of the white stuff today. I guess my wool frenzy is still warranted. I can put off changing over to cotton for another couple of weeks (at this rate).

That being said, I didn't do a whole lot on th cheesy love sweater this weekend. Mostly, because I wasn't home much. But when I was home, I made the handbag that came with my Rowan subscription. As soon as I get it sewn up, I will post pictures. I really liked working with the All Season Cotton. Very soft and smooth. It is a bit slippery, though. I may end up using it to make that bikini that I have plotting in the back of my head. It may be snowing, but it won't be that way forever.

I made it up to The Cloisters this weekend. It is an extension of the The Metropolitan Museum of Art in upper Manhattan. I have lived here for over 11 years and I had never made it all the way up there. I have to admit that I get a little overwhelmed by so much medieval religious art. But, the architecture of the building is also so much of the exhibit. There are doorways and pillars as well as the gardens that are amazingly beautiful (undoubtedly, even more so when the trees and plants are fully out of their winter dormancy).

This was also a weekend of dining out a lot for me. Friday night, I had a wonderful vegan Chinese dinner at Gobo. There was so much food, that I got to have some for dinner last night, too. Saturday night, it was some serious french fry (no, not freedom fries) action at Matt's Grill. Then, for Sunday brunch, New Leaf Café served up some fluffy waffles that melted in my mouth. Wow, that's a lot of good eating for one weekend. No wonder I didn't have any time for knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home