The World According to Marney

Wednesday, April 9

Last night I found out some fabulous news. I was researching a new musical playing off-Broadway, Hank Williams: Lost Highway only to find out that one of my college roommates is in it, Tertia Lynch. I haven't talked to her since graduation. I may have to drop a note down at the theatre to say hi. I am so very happy for her.

In knitting news, S-n-B was another fun evening. I got quite a bit done on cheesy love. I am starting to lean toward putting something in that charted space. Partially, because the stitch pattern changes from the 2X1 rib to stockinette stitch for that pattern. Partially because I like the idea of having a pattern there. I have the same yarn (Cascade 220) in oatmeal as well as the Kid Classic I mentioned yesterday. Both would be fine, as far as colors go. The Kid Classic would be fuzzy, like the pink hearts in the pattern. I think the fuzzy stuff would be fun not to mention livelier colors.

I also went home and worked on the afghan. I think I need to make the sections of the pattern a bit bigger than the pattern calls for. Well, after all, I am using a much smaller gauged yarn, so 3 inches in a finer yarn will make more cable repeats than 3 inches in my yarn. It's the difference between two cable repeats and five.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home