The World According to Marney

Wednesday, April 23

Yesterday, the yarn for my latest knitting project arrived from Knitpicks. That's right, I am going to knit my own bikini. I decided on a yarn that is really off gauge of the pattern for the content of the fiber. I know tha tmakes little to no sense, but then again, that is not unusual for me. I am using Cascade Yarns Fixation in navy. In hind site, I should have gone for the bulky version of the yarn but my brain isn't entirely clear these days. In any case, I like the idea of having a cotton/elastic blend for a bathing suit.

I started the bottoms last night. The strange thing about this yarn is the smell. Yes, I smell my yarns. I usually love to sniff while I am stitching. Well, I don't think this will happen so much with this project. The elastic is much stronger than anything else. Don't get me wrong, it's not digusting or anything like that. It's just elasticky.

In other news, I dropped a note at the theatre for my college roommate (Tertia Lynch) who is in the new off-Broadway play, Hank Williams:The Lost Highway. She called me last night and we are going to get together this weekend for dinner. I am so excited to see her again. It's been a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home