The World According to Marney

Friday, May 2

Bowling for Charity

So I bowled last night for Junior Achievement. It was a fun time hanging with my crazy co-workers at the bowling alley at Port Authority Bus Terminal. I think the subway and buses definitely affected our games. Aside from that, I managed to win high game on our team (whopping 130) in my first game. The second game wasn't as good, which I blame entirely on the disco/strobe lights that went on in the third frame. It's hard to tell what you are doing when there is a flashing light in your eyes. There should be pictures next week.

So, I didn't get a whole lot of stitching done last night. Actually, none to be exact. It's amazing how throwing a 12 lb ball repeatedly makes your wrist and arm sore. I am hoping to get the towels finished this weekend. I have Hearts, Spades and Diamonds finished. Clubs are in the hoop. Also, bikini string needs to get resolved this weekend. I think I will just do more than a single crocheted chain. I may have to actually figure out how to crochet. Good thing I got my Travel Crochet Hook Set.

I am thinking about making a shawl to go over the dress I will be wearing to the wedding at the end of the month. I just got my Knit Picks catalogue and was inspired by the Merino Lace in Ocean and the Elfin Lace Shawl. I may have to splurge on this one. After all, I am going to havi to settle for shoes that aren't what I'm looking for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home