The World According to Marney

Monday, May 5

I have a new bikini! So, I tried my hand at crocheting the strings, and let me tell you, I suck at crocheting. Rather lumpy and funky. Whatever. It still works. I still want to line it a bit, just for shaping sake. I think I have some time since the weather is not quite at the bikini point, yet.

The towels are almost finished. I only have the border of one of them left. That should take me no time to finish.

On Saturday night, I went to see Bill Maher in his new show, Bill Maher: Victory Begins at home on Broadway. He was very funny and rather critical about most everything that he touched on. There was even a Q&A session at the end of the night. I thought that was a bit much and really not necessary. He created a series of propaganda posters in the vein of the old World War II propaganda posters. Some of them were charming, others were down right disturbing. In any case, I think it was a worth while evening that left me laughing, quite a lot. As it was pointed out to me, though. I think a lot of his political humor is really more along the idea of preaching to the choir here in NYC. I don't think he would get quite the same responses to his president bashing if he did the same show in someplace a little less liberal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home