The World According to Marney

Tuesday, December 16

Baking Frenzy

Last night, after working a bit late, I decided that I needed to make a little something for the holiday lunch that we are having at the office today. So before I left the office, I printed out the recipes for Peanut Brittle and Reindeer Cookies. On the train, I realized that I threw out my old cookie sheets because they were well past their prime. Off to Bed Bath & Beyond. Oh, I'm going to need a candy thermometer, too. And just across the street is the brand new Container Store which will give me something to carry all of these goodies in. Come to think of it, I need some ingredients. And of course, the first grocery store didn't have everything that I needed, so I went to a second. By the time I made it home, it was already 8:30 and baking had not yet started.

So I got lazy. Instead of making the dough for the cookies, I used the pre-made, scoop it out sugar cookie dough. Well, that's not terrible. I'm sure they'll be just fine. They still have their pretzel antlers and m&m faces. The peanut brittle is a little thick because I couldn't dedicate enough time to it while it was in its formative cooling state. Am I too much of a perfectionist to find these faults?

So believe it or not, I got no knitting done last night. For that matter, I didn't even eat dinner last night, unless you count the pretzel middles that are not appropriate antlers, yellow and orange m&ms that don't make good eyes or noses and crumbs of peanut brittle. Why am I not 300 lbs???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home