The World According to Marney

Monday, May 20

I have new projects!! I am so happy. I thought I was going to ga through withdrawl while I was waiting for yarn. Alas, Smiley's came to the rescue. They are having a sale on bags of yarn. I managed to come away with 30 balls of yarn (mostly cotton) for under $40. I think that was a worthwhile trip to Queens!

So I came home to try to figure out what to do with my loot. I have decidied to start a shell for myself out of the slate blue with nubbies, "Bolivia" . I am pretty much winging the pattern. I started the bottom from a Rowan pattern but will finish the top differently. We'll see how many times I have to frog this one. (Check out the photos Jackie has posted. Mine looks the same but in blue.)



I also got some Phildar Cotton Phil 51 in a light blue. That will become a baby cardigan from the Knits for Babies and Toddlers. I will have enough yarn to proboly make 2 of them and baby socks to match.

On Sunday, I went out to the International Food Festival on Ninth Avenue. I couldn't really avoid it since it is literally right outside of my apartment windows.So much good food! It is my favorite street fair of the year. Afterwards I spent the evening catching up with some friends, Mary Jo, Juan and Gene. It was so nice to get together and have such a wonderful time. All in all, it was a lovely weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home