The World According to Marney

Thursday, May 16

Yesterday, I splurged. After seeing a post on Knitter's Review about Glow-in-the-Dark yarn, I jumped over to Heartstrings and ordered some. I thought it would be a really cute accent for socks that I will be making for the nieces. I haven't decided if I want to just do stripes or get fancy with stars or moons. Must start planning... Suggestions are welcome.

I continued on with my purple vest. I didn't even realize that I am only one cable away from shaping the front. I have been kind of slow on this project since the 80° weather is not so great for wearing 100% wool. I think I will be using less yarn than I thought. Hey, that means I will officially have stash! Yea!

On the local front, I noticed on my way in to work this morning that the people that had planted themselves in front of the Zigfield theatre for the past month waiting for the opening of Star Wars Episode II have disappeared. The film opened at midnight last night. It was an interesting crowd that gathered. They were there for about a month. I did notice the there was one woman knitting what looked to be a striped scarf (when the weather allowed them to stay outside af their tents).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home