The World According to Marney

Wednesday, May 15

Last night's S-n-B was quite fun. I got the opportunity to introduce another non-knitter into the world of knitting. Jen was one of the volunteers for New York Cares Spring Clean Up Day. After hearing a little bit about the excitement of knitting, she decided to join the cool kids. On some level, it is kind of strange that I took on this task. After all, I am one of the newbies in the group with only about 4 or 5 months under my belt. Also, as Meema pointed out, I use the English "throw" method. Although I have attempted Continental, I haven't quite gotten the hang of it. (Fellow S-n-Bers, I would be happy to get some instruction if you have the time....) In any case, Jen now casts on like a pro. She got through about 4 rows of knit stitches of what will become a great scarf. Next week, we'll see if she is ready to attempt purling. Keep it up Jen!

More fun news: Mom is thinking about starting her own blog. Well, it maybe shared with other family members. What a great way to get info out to everyone. A great way to plan funcions and share pictures, too. Well, Mom, you know that I will help you out on this. Just give me the high sign.

I got an e-mail the other day saying my eknitting order has been shipped. I will be very happy when that package gets here! I am starting to run out of yarn and projects. It was suggested to have a yarn swap next week. I would love to participate in something like that but I don't have anything resembling a swapable stash. Between my short stretch of knitting and money being rather tight these days, I am at a loss for extra yarn. Alas, alas! Maybe my trek to Smiley's this weekend will help out. Nothing like bags of yarn on sale to help build up the stash!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home