The World According to Marney

Friday, May 24

Last night, I got into a conversation about archipelagoes. According to the dictionary, an archipelago is 1. A large group of islands 2. A sea, such as the Aegean, containing a large number of scattered islands. My question is: Is New York City (sans Bronx which is on the mainland) an archipelago. We have Manhattan, Long Island (Brooklyn and Queens), Staten Island, Randall's Island, Roosevelt Island, Riker's Island, Governor's Island, Ellis Island, and Liberty Island. (Forgive me if I have forgotten some or lumped in Ellis and Liberty Islands which are in Jersey.) Does that qualify as an archipelago?

I have no knitting news today. I hope to get a lot of knitting done this weekend. My goal is to finish the cardigan and maybe the socks this weekend.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home