The World According to Marney

Thursday, May 23

I have good news for all you ladies in New York, Fleet Week in officially under way. That's right. Our city is crawling with men in uniform. It always amazes me how much of a far cry it is from On The Town. If anyone wants to find a sailor or marine on leave, they all seem to flock to Hell's Kitchen. I guess I will be staying locked up in my apartment for a few days!

I tried out the Glow in the Dark yarn last night. Let me tell you, it is AWFUL to work with. Imagine fishing line shredded into thin strands and gathered (not spun) in the same general vacinity. There is absolutely no give or stretch to it as it is 100% nylon. I think that it will be fine in small doses. That will be all that I can handle. Also, it is a good candidate for intarsia instead of fair isle weaving.

I started one sock to match the baby cardigan last night. I think the pattern will be just fine. I was using #3 needles which may be too loose. So, I have to yank my #2s from a bootie that is waiting to be finished. (That will be a while...) Not to mention, the #3 Double Point Needles I got last weekend at Smiley's are metal with a weird non-slip coating on them. They are very odd to work with. Maybe I am just spoiled by my birch Brittany needles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home