The World According to Marney

Thursday, May 23

Theresa has posed questions to bloggers to share. I thought I would throw out the answers that I know. Mom, please feel free to correct me or add (not so embarrassing) info in the comments links.

1. Where were you born? What do you know about your own birth? (time, circumstance, etc...)
I was born in Vancouver, WA, Memorial Hospital (which is now Southwest Washington Medical Center). I think I was born around lunch time. I was very young, I couldn't tell time yet. For that matter, I don't remember much about the whole thing. I was born 2 days before my due date but a few weeks after my mom stopped wanting to carry me in the summertime. I was 8 lbs, 13 oz and 22 inches long. Long before sonograms became common, my doctor thought I was going to be a boy because of my strong heartbeat. Surprise!

2. Do you have a baby picture you can put onto your weblog? If not, tell us what you looked like as a baby.
I don't have any pictures right now. I'll upload one tomorrow. But rest assured, I was down right adorable.

3. What kind of a baby or toddler were you according to the people who were around when you were young?
I was really pretty much a small version of me now. I started speaking in complete sentences because I don't like to do anything halfway. I had very few baby words that were soon changed to the correct words because I have always been a perfectionist. The main difference between me then and now is I was quiet and shy as a small child. No, I won't revert back!

4. Know any cute baby-related quotes?
My parents did not have a name for me before I was born. So when they announced to the family that they had named their new daughter Marney, my grandfather asked, "What kind of a name is Barney for a girl?" Thus began the cross I have had to bear with my less than common name.

If you want more quotes, Mom is really the one to ask!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home