The World According to Marney

Thursday, June 27

Last night I got through another ball on my shell. I have a feeling that 10 balls may not be enough. By my calculations, I should need 3 (and a little) balls to get to the arm hole and another 2 for the top, for each side. Maybe I will grab another ball next Tuesday just to be on the safe side. I really like the way it is coming out. The color is so pretty and it is soft without being fuzzy. The one thing I worry about is the weight. I know how much the 10 balls weigh and it won't be too much but for a summer shell, it seems a bit heavy. I would still wear it, though. Hopefully my sister would, too.

I have decided that I would rather go home to my un-air conditioned apartment and knit than sit here in this cool office and not knit. I know it is summer and I should not want to work with anything that makes me hot. But, as I told my mom yesterday, everything in my life is easier when I am knitting. I think it is good for blood pressure, stress level, and anxiety. The total opposite of work!

Regarding the sale at Downtown Yarns, it is going on until they sell their entire stock of Debbie Bliss Cotton/Silk Aran. They are trying to make room for winter (yes, winter) yarns. For more information, give them a call at (212) 995-5991.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home