The World According to Marney

Thursday, June 6

Last night was the first edition of the Book Club that MJ and I organized. I think it went rather well. We read The Archivist by Martha Cooley. I think we all had similar thoughts about this book but it was a rather lively discussion.

It looks like the folks Down Under have found a new way to Fleece Sheep. As reported on ABCNews.com, they are injecting a naturally occuring protein into the sheep to cause the fleece to fall off. Of course, that means the sheep have to wear netting for 4 months to collect it. I can see it now, designer fleece gathering nets that harken to the dog sweaters that are so prevalent in the Urban world...

(As you can see, I have too much time on my hands and too little sanity.)


I heard on the news this morning that Verizon will be instituting a mandatory 10-digit phone number dialing policy for all phone numbers in the New York area within the next 7 months. If I understand correctly, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) requires all people to be equally inconvenienced if there are many area codes in a confined area. I guess that having 5 different area codes for the 5 boroughs probably qualifies. That's right, by February, we will all have to dial area codes, even within our own area code.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home