The World According to Marney

Friday, July 5

Because I couldn't post on Friday due to server maintenance, here is Friday's post:

I spent so much of yesterday knitting and watching The Twilight Zone Marathon on the Sci-fi channel. Nothing like stiffling heat, Rod Serling and yarn to have a happy Independence Day! The shell is almost finished. I only have the front above the armholes left to finish. It looks really nice.

I did actually go out yesterday. Jackie took me along to 2 parties that she got invites to last night. We ended up watching the Macy's 4th Of July Fireworks from a rooftop in the WEST Village. For those of you who are unfamiliar with New York's fireworks, they are set off in the East River, between Manhattan and Brooklyn. They are generally not easily seen from the Westside due to the very large buildings in the way. So many of the buildings in the Village (east and west) are lower than 20 floors so we had a pretty good view. Thanks, Jackie for bringing me along!

Today is a short day at work. I am looking forward to extending the weekend by a few hours. We'll see if that actually happens....

Well, it's time for The Friday Five

1. Where are you right now?
Sitting at my desk at work. My home computer is dead so I have to do all my updates at work.

2. What have you lost recently?
Maybe it would be better to describe what I can't find. (Does that mean I lost it???) I realized I can't find a skirt that I generally wear in this weather. It has to be somewhere in my sub-compact home.

3. What was the first CD you ever purchased?
Simon & Garfunkle Live in Central Park. I bought it as a Sophomore in college right after my roommate, Bernadette, and I bought a stereo with a CD player. Unfortunately, it went down with the WTC.

4. What is your favorite kind of writing pen?
I love the medium point gel or roller ball pens. I only use a purple pen at work. Just one way of making sure I stand out in the crowd.

5. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
If calories were no opject, I would eat Ben & Jerry's Phish Food everyday. It does come in Frozen Yogurt. For a lower calorie and not quite as rich but just as tasty substitution, I go for Healthy Choice's Happy Together. In all honesty, I rarely ever turn down any ice cream flavor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home