The World According to Marney

Monday, July 1

I think I may have fixed my shell problem. I have started knitting it in the round. I added the cable but removed the need for seams so it should give me just enough extra space. Of course, it is now much slower progress since I have twice as many stitches to deal with. Nevertheless, I have hope for it to come out ok.

Every summer, I realize how this city is so much like the play/film, The Seven Year Itch. The residents of the city clear out as soon as the temperature gets above 80 degrees. Anyone that is left is only here because either they don't have a place to go or they are tied here by work or other obligations. You would think that would leave an empty city, especially on the weekends. Alas, no. The space is filled up with tourists from every corner of the globe. Meanwhile, there is a hunt for a cool establishment, anywhere. Maybe that is why most of the "Summer Blockbuster" movies are such crap. People go to the movies to get out of the heat, not to see quality films. And, yes, the air from the subway grates is nice and cool when it blows up your skirt.

Stay cool, out there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home