The World According to Marney

Friday, June 28

I got quite a bit finished on the shell. I am almost finished with the back. The pattern I am working from is in multiples of 11 stitches which means each size is separated by 22 stitches (11 on each side). When your gauge is 5 stitches per inch, that makes over 4 inches of difference between sizes. I started the back in the large size and thought it looked huge. So I frogged it and worked it in the smaller size. Now I am thinking that the small size may be a smidge too small. What I am thinking of doing is making the front in the larger size. Before I do that, do I need to rework the pattern? The length will be the same. The shoulders have the same number of stitches for each size. It's a shell, so I don't have to worry about any other discrepencies, right???

Mom is working really hard in getting me commissioned knitting work. Between her and MJ, I will never be without a project! I am all about bringing in a profit for my little hobby.

Other than That, I will defer to the Friday Five

When was the last time you...

1. ...sent a handwritten letter?
I have no idea when I last wrote a letter. I am so much better at electronic correspandence.

2. ...baked something from scratch or made something by hand?
I have baked anything in a while but I made a pasta and vegetable concoction on Sunday (which I have been eating all week long). It isn't often that I make things from scratch since my kitchen is SOOOOO small. How small, you ask. My refrigerator does not fit in my kitchen, you can only fit 1 adult human and 1 cat in there at a time, the window sill is the biggest shelf I havein the open (more space tan my counter).

3. ...camped in a tent?
Don't have a clue on that one.

4. ...volunteered your time to church, school, or community?
Last Friday. No, I donated blood last night. I am an active participant in New York Cares. I try to sign up for projects at least 2 or 3 times a month.

5. ...helped a stranger?
Well, the time that sticks in my mind was about 3 or 4 weeks ago when I was waiting for Jackie at Benny's Burritos. There was a woman at the bar who was carrying all of her worldly possessionsand was fidgiting a bit. Clearly a bit strung out. She saw me answer my phone and asked if she could page someone on my phone. Being the sucker that I am, I said fine. She was able to get in contact with whoever she needed to with no harm to the rest of society. Jackie thought I was crazy for helping a junkie. Maybe I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home